I've had a really good week this week. I've had a lot of homework and assignments but overall I had a great week. For my Writing class I'm writing a persuasive essay against teaching abstinence-only education in schools. That is a subject that I am really passionate about. Lots of kids that are taught only abstinence do not know how to use contraception. Then if something happens and they decide that waiting for marriage is not the right choice for them, they don't have safe sex and then end up pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way saying that abstinence shouldn't be taught in schools, it should. However, kids should be taught where to get and how to use contraception in the event they do have sex. Kids need to be given the tools to protect themselves. If a child/teenager is passionate and committed to abstaining, they will take it more seriously, but if they are not serious about it they are more likely to have sex and if they don't know how to have safe sex they're going to end up pregnant or getting some kind of STI. I think schools should teach completely comprehensive sex education abstinence, contraception, safe sex and all. But that's enough about my paper. I'm excited to finish it. Maybe I'll post it on here once it's done.
Spring break is around the corner, only one more week. Then I'll be home for 9 days. Libby's baby shower is next Saturday, and there's an Our Feature Presentation show at 400 Bar on March 13th. I'm excited to go home but I'm also nervous. It's kind of weird going home. I got used to living in St Cloud so quickly and it's seems like I completely forgot what it was like to live at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment